Email. [email protected]
Current developments in the health policy arena, for example bowel cancer screening are making early medical diagnosis a more topical issue than ever before. We offer numerous different gastrointestinal (GI) preventative examinations.
Endoscopy procedures allow for examination of the gastrointestinal tract using flexible telescopes.
Main endoscopy procedures carried out:
Oesophageal stent insertion
Colonoscopy Including polypectomy
Colonoscopy Including Endomucosal Resection (EMR)
We also offer the following services:
• Investigations, diagnosis and treatment of the following gastroenterology diseases;
• Dyspepsia (Indigestion)
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) –Crohn`s, colitis
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
• Change in bowel including constipation & Diarrhoea
Dr Anthony Shonde - Consultant Physician & Gastroenterologist
BSc MBBS MCRP
• Diagnosis and long term management of inflammatory bowel diseases (ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s)
• Capsule endoscopy
• Diagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy (gastroscopy and colonoscopy)
• Investigation and management of dyspepsia, IBS and change in bowel habit
British Society of Gastroenterologist, American Gastroenterological Association
Dr Shonde qualified from the Royal Free Hospital in London in 1995. He underwent SpR training in Gastroenterology and General Medicine in London at the Hammersmith, Chelsea & Westminster and Charing Cross Hospitals.
He was appointed Consultant Gastroenterologist at Sherwood Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in February 2009. He is leading development of IBD services and is the principal investigator IBD studies.
We treat both patients who are insured under the statutory health insurance scheme and patients with private health insurance. However, a number of services are not covered by statutory health insurance providers or only partially so. We will of course advise you on a case-by-case basis and explain any costs incurred.